Om alle inhoud te kunnen zien hebt u de actuele versie van Adobe Flash Player nodig.

Home Guitar Builds My Marshalls Marshall Footswitch mod Marshall front panel mod Marshall amp mods Mars amp mods 2 Marshall Divo inst Marshall Divo 2 Marshall Tubes Marshall Midi programming Airbrush Cat CT660 Truck Cat CT660 build 1 Cat CT660 build 2 Cat CT660 build 3 Cat CT660 build 4 Cat CT660 build 5 Cat CT660 build 6 Cat CT660 build 7 Cat CT660 build 8 Cat CT660 build 9 Cat CT660 build 10 Cat CT660 build 11 Cat CT660 build 12 Cat CT660 build 13 Cat CT660 build 14 Cat 385C LRE  Cat385 underc. Cat underc2 Catunderc3 Cat underc4 Catunder5 Cat under6 Cat upper1 Cat upper2 Cat upper3 Cat upper4 Cat upper5 Cat upper6 Cat upper7 Cat upper8 Cat upper9 Cat upper10 Cat upper11 Cat upper12 Cat upper13 Cat upper14 Cat385 Hydr & Elec1 Cat385 Hydr & Elec2 Cat385 Hydr & Elec3 

Cat CT660 build 10

10

Next thing to do is the construction of the fiftht wheel.What I'm going to make is a heavy transport fiftht wheel,that can tilt in drive direction, but also in the side directions of the truck.

On the left you can see that I made some treathed studs on the topside of the fiftht wheel.On the right you can see that I made a base plate that's part of the whole mechanic, on on wich the top is going to be mounted on.

I took a Wedico metal fiftht wheel to start from, and put my own things to it.

On the left you can see that the surface of the fitht wheel is very rough.On the left you can see that I made the surface smooth with sanding paper.

After that it the locking mechanics are overhauld.On the left you can see the position of the lower part of the L shaped arm that didn't reach into the left side of the bottem plate.Because the trailer is going to have some weight,and loaded with my excavator on it,the lock must be able to hold 50 kg.On the right you can see that after removing some material from the notch on wich the inside of the L shaped arm is hold in place,the lower part of the arm now reaches into the left side of the bottem plate, en so makes a strong hold for the lock that you can see in the center.

12 February 2018:Underneath you can watch a video from the build as it is now :

On the left another view of the base plate,evrything is soldered together.On the right you can see that I also put some M2 screws in it,to make shure that the parts stay together when the fithft wheel has to take a heavy load.

On the left you can see the parts of the main bearings.On the right you can see the parts soldered together.

On the left you can see the base plate where the whole assembly is going to be put on.I did bolted it with sunken screws to the truck, and also 2 bolts of the bearing blocks go through the base plate into the chassis of the truck.

Left: Then it is time to make the middle part, on wich both axles are connected to,for the axles I use iron screws that are being made on the required length.I made some discs which will be on the end of the axles.On the tight you see the axles fitted into the discs, and finished with a plate with bolds like the real one.

Above you can see the fithft wheel after assembling all the parts together,on the right you can see that I also made the lock on the handle to prevent it from loosening during driving.

Above you can see the fithft wheel assembled on the truck.04 February 2018:

16 Januari 2018:

Above you can see that I filled the space on the chassis with rice korn plate, I also made some adapters on wich a small load platform can be mounted.

On the left you can see that I added a handle to the crane,so the driver can safety clime on the truck.Also on this picture you can see that I added a light near the support stand,this light will be lit when the truck goes in backwards direction.On the right you can see that I also added a handle on the side of the rack, above you can see a working light placed.

On the left you can see I added 2 working lights on the side of the rack.On the right you can see that I made a template for the sun visor,after that I cut them out of a thin piece of stainless steel.

After that I polished the pieces to a shiny chrome look,and mounted them in place on the truck.Then I placed the position lights,on this point I did not copy the sunvisor of the real truck,wich has the lights inside the visor,I like more the old school look,so I mounted seperate lights.Also I placed the horns and the warning lights.On the right a picture of the total look.... .10 Febrary 2018:

On the left you can see that I made a frame,wich is the base of the airco unit on the roof of the cabine,in the unit I can hide the electronics on wich the lights of the roof and the warninglights are connected.On the right you see the airco cover in place, I also made an extension for the warninglights so they are a bit higher on the rooftop.

On the front of the truck I made some flashing lights on the grille of the hood.

The bracket made of 2.5 mm tube, and wires pulled trough for the indicator lights.

23 February 2018:

Above you can see the holders for the mirror bracket made and placed on the cabine.

Here you can see how it looks on the real truck.

And the bracket mounted on the cabine.