Om alle inhoud te kunnen zien hebt u de actuele versie van Adobe Flash Player nodig.

Home Guitar Builds My Marshalls Marshall Footswitch mod Marshall front panel mod Marshall amp mods Mars amp mods 2 Marshall Divo inst Marshall Divo 2 Marshall Tubes Marshall Midi programming Airbrush Cat CT660 Truck Cat CT660 build 1 Cat CT660 build 2 Cat CT660 build 3 Cat CT660 build 4 Cat CT660 build 5 Cat CT660 build 6 Cat CT660 build 7 Cat CT660 build 8 Cat CT660 build 9 Cat CT660 build 10 Cat CT660 build 11 Cat CT660 build 12 Cat 385C LRE  Cat385 underc. Cat underc2 Catunderc3 Cat underc4 Catunder5 Cat under6 Cat upper1 Cat upper2 Cat upper3 Cat upper4 Cat upper5 Cat upper6 Cat upper7 Cat upper8 Cat upper9 Cat upper10 Cat upper11 Cat upper12 Cat upper13 Cat upper14 Cat385 Hydr & Elec1 Cat385 Hydr & Elec2 Cat385 Hydr & Elec3 Cat385 Hydr & Elec4 Cat385 Hydr & Elec 5 

Cat CT660 build 1

Above you see the drawings of the original truck,on the front of the chassis are some holders where the front bumper is going to be attached to,but also the front axle suspension is mounted on these parts.So first thing I will make are those two parts.

On the left you see the start of the chassis.It's a Wedico profi kit,original to build a peterbuild of it,but with some changes I'm going to use it to build the Cat CT660 .

On the left the two parts that I made,On the right the two parts are assembled to the chassis.

The original standard screws are being replaced by special model bolds and nuts.

On the left you can see the rear suspension for thr two rear axles.The springs are lose and not attached to the axles,wich I am going to modify.On the right you can see that I made some plates with holders on it.

Above you can see that the plates are put in place.

above you can see that the suspension still works, but that the axles are staying close to the suspension,and don't drop down when the truck is lifted up from the ground.

On the left you can see that the axles are assembled to the chassis,the front axle and the two rear axles are driven,the steering axle in the middle is not driven.On the right you can see the axles,made by Scale-Art.

On the left you can see the tires put on the aluminium rims,and assembled to the axles.On the right you can see that I went to the store to test-fit the Palfinger crane (Scale-Art),to make sure that it will fit on the truck,so I could order it.

On the left you can see the kit of the scaledrive gearbox from Scale-Art.This is a two speed gearbox with output to the front and rear axles.The motor is a Faulhaber 12 volt,45 watt motor.On the right you can see the start of the assembling.

20 oktober 2015:

Above you can see the drive-shafts,they are originally straight,with no flanges on them like on the real trucks.So I made the flanges myself and glued them on the shafts.

On the left you can see the shock absorber mounted on the frame and the front steering axle.On the right you can see the absorber mounted on the second steering axle, it sits above the frame,but there is going to be a sub-frame mounted,so that's no problem.26 Oktober 2015

On the left you can see the shock absorbers that I bought,the hole is too big for the M3 bold,so I made from a servo mounting rubber a insert in it.On the right you can see the holders I made for the shock absorbers,which is going to be attached to the frame of the truck.

On the left you can see the levers I made for the steering system,On the right you can see the hardened steel rod,and the brass tube in which I put the steel rod inside,this is going to be used to connect the levers to the servo.

My intention was to make both the axles steering with only one servo,but there was to much play in the steering of the second axle,so I changed the plans,and fitted a extra powerfull servo( 20 Kg) to the second axle,because the crane and the battery will ad a weight of 2,5 kg I made the choice for this servo.On the left you can see the connecting rod from the servo to the axle.On the right you can see the mounting of the servo.

On the left you can see the front steering system.On the right you can see the axle mountings of the second steering axle ,they are original provided with a shaft and circlips on which they turn,as you can see on the background,so for smoother steering, I improved them by fitting ball bearings in them.

On the left you can see the mounting of the front steering servo.On the right you can see the steering rod from the servo to the front axle.28 Oktober 2015 :

On the left you can see the servo for the shift gear(left) and the servo for the diff.lock mounted on a aluminium plate,the diff.lock is operated through a bowden cable.On the right you can see the servo's placed on the frame,and the connection to the gearbox made.

1

Go here direct to the last updated pages:

11